Pages

Friday, September 17, 2021

cooking

Today on tuesday in cooking my group and I made a open steak sandwichs. I enjoyed the food because it had some of the vegetables I like. When I was making it with my group we successfully keep on track and we finshed earlier than I usually finish. We were not success in doing the cutting we did a good job with helping as well . My group did really well with helping each other. I liked it because it had a good tastie and texture. What I didn't like about it was the sauce came out very fast so I added to much.


                                       Open Steak Sandwich                       Serves 4


  • Beef Schnitzel-  trimmed, about 1cm thickness (can be shredded & marinated before cooking)

  • Oil (for cooking meat)

  • 4 Bread rolls or 1 ciabatta loaf, cut into 4 pieces

  • Mayonnaise

  • Sauces - own choice eg Tomato, BBQ, Sweet Chilli

  • Lettuce, Spinach or Mesclun salad leaves

  • Tomatoes, sliced

  • Red Onion rings

  • Cheese slices

  • Avocado 

 

  • 1. Quickly pan fry the meat over a medium high heat until just cooked, turning once during cooking. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve as a piece or shredded

  •  

  • 2. Cut rolls or ciabatta loaf pieces in half. These can be warmed or toasted if desired.

  •   Spread the tops and the bottoms of the bread with mayonnaise and /or sauces chosen

  •  

  • 3. Top half the bread with lettuce etc, tomato slices, steak and any other ingredients

  •  

  • 4. Cover with the remaining bread pieces 

  •  

  • 5. Serve

 

                                   



Nutrients

List each food in the recipe and the nutrients they provide. Include this in your Blog Post







 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mattisin. Well done. Apart from no photos of your own, you have completed a good blog that covers all the requirements. I am glad you liked the sandwich apart from the sauce. Which sauce did you use? Can you think of any other vegetables that could be used in this sandwich?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.