Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Present

Success Criteria
I know I will be successful when….

  • The title is suitable for the text.
  • The orientation tells who the story is about, and when and where the story happened.
  • The complication describes a problem and explains what happened next.
  • The resolution explains how the problem was solved.
  • Seeks feedback and makes changes to texts to improve clarity and meaning.

In Ako Ngatahi we had to write a narrative about a video. It was about a boy opening a present that was a dog with three legs. Here is the video of the present. I hope you enjoy my story.

The Present
It was a nice sunny day but I was sitting in the dark and playing x box . My mum came home and really annoyed me by opening all the curtains and plonking a box on the table so I couldn’t see the T.V. I was feeling really angry but I looked in the box anyway. It was a puppy. I picked it up and laughed. I thought it was cute but it wasn’t. Because then I saw that it only had 3 legs! I threw it on the floor in disgust.
The dog found a ball. The dog sat by my feet and stared at me with his big brown eyes. He wanted me to throw it, so I did . But  then he brought it back! I kicked it in the box and it was so funny. He was stuck but the puppy got out . He  banged into walls and kept falling over but he kept on trying.  I thought this dog is actually pretty cool. I thought that I will play with him and I started playing with my puppy  with the ball. I thought in my mind it was cool but not that much. I felt sad about it and went to play with the puppy and he was really happy and I was too. And he loved playing with the ball. I am happy that I have a friend like this dog because it only has 3 legs and I have a disabled leg too.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.