Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Life On Mars

 Is gravity the same on all planets?

It depends on the size, mass and density of the object. The gravitational force it puts out varies. The planets in our solar system are different in size and mass so the strength of gravity on their surface is different. Mar is closer to the sun and you can jump 4x higher than you can on earth. There is a blue sun set if you stay on Mar long enough.Mars has the high mountain in the solar system.

Venus you can jump 1.7feet high. The mass and size of Venus are the same but Venus is a little bit smaller than earth.

Moon you can jump 9Feet high.


How is gravity related to mass?

Gravity is dependent on mass like stars, planets and galaxies to light and subatomic particles.








weight of the planet I'm on?

Earth: 49 Kg

Mercury: 18.5 Kg

Venus: 44.6 Kg

Mars: 18.6 Kg 

Jupiter: 114.7 Kg 

Saturn: 45.6 Kg

Uranus: 45.1 Kg

Neptune: 54.9 Kg


If I lived on a high gravity planet? 

Things will come towards me instead of away from me. If you jump you won't jump hi you will jump lower. I won't be able to lift really heavy things.


If I lived on a lower gravity planet?

Things will move away from me instead of towards me. That I will be lighter so I will be able to jump higher. It will be harder to keep my balanwwce. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.