Pages

Friday, August 13, 2021

cooking

Today on Friday and I made chicken stir fry . I did not enjoyed the food because the noddles were not cooked. When I was making it with my group we successfully cut everything in good shapes. We were not success in doing the cooking becuase my group was being silly. My group did really well with helping each other. What I didn't like about it was the chicken.




Chicken Stir Fry


Ingredients:


1 Chicken Breast

1 Carrot - julienne strip

1 Onion - diced

3-4 pieces of Broccoli - small florets

1 Zucchini - sliced

Other Vegetables - capsicum, mushrooms, peas, corn, celery, chilli etc 

2T Sesame oil

1 pkt 2 min Noodles



Method:


  1. Cut chicken into strips

  2. Place chicken in a glass bowl with sesame oil. Mix together

  3. Prepare vegetables 

  4. Sauté chicken and onions together. Sauté means to cook quickly to brown. 

  5. Add broccoli and carrots and stir fry (cook) for five minutes.

  6. Add the remaining vegetables and cook for a further 5 min

  7. Bring a pot of water to the boil

  8. Add the broken noodles into the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes

  9. Drain noodles in a colander and add to the vegetable and chicken mixture. Mix together lightly 

  10.  Serve 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mattisin. I am pleased that your ingredients were cut into appropriate sized pieces but I am disappointed that you did not enjoy the outcome. Did you or your group read the instructions on the noodle packet to ensure the noodles had adequate cooking time? You do not mention the addition of soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Were these added and could you taste them? What could you do next time to improve the outcome?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.