Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2019



This Term my group has been filtering muddy water to clear water .


Aim:  my aim was using the house hold materials to make clear water..


Definition: Filtration is separating solids from liquids by adding a medium which only the liquid can pass 

Examples are:
1. Kidneys
2. House filters
3. Tank filters
4. Water filter

Materials:  
1. Bottle 
2. Rock 
3. Sand 
4.  Filter paper
5. Water 
6. Scissors

steps 

0. Get bottle 
1. Cut the bottle in half using scissors
2. Turn the funnel round so it is upside down and put it in the container part of the bottle.
3. Put filter paper in the bottle 
4.Put find sand in the bottle
5.Put rocks or pebbles in the bottle
6.Put the water in 
7.Watch it filter through the sand, pebbles and paper.



When it's going through the filtering it's tripping and it is going clearer than it was before.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mattissin,

    You have done well. This is some great work. Make sure you write a comment at the end of the blog that tells me something about the end result and what the experiment showed.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.